From: $ 1,499.00 per person
Madagascar Masoala – 8 days: Private lodge package accommodated tour through Madagascar with the highlight of exploring Masoala on this tour.
Private lodge tour,spend eight adventurous days discovering the wilderness and splendour of tropical rainforest and pristine waters of the Masoala Peninsula in the north-east of Madagascar on this private lodge tour. Starting and ending in Antananarivo- 8 Days
- Masoala Peninsula and National Park
- Antongil Bay
- Nosy Mangabe reserve
- Betsimisaraka tombs
Please note that Madagascar is a country which is in its infancy when it comes to tourism. Accommodation is limited so all the above mentioned accommodation are subject to availability and we reserve the right to change these using similar accommodation of the same standards.
Group size: Minimum 1, Maximum 10
Vehicle: Transport will depend on the size of the group;
- A small car for 2 – 3 people
- A minivan for 4 – 6 – 8 people
- A bus for 10 people or more
Meals: Where included breakfast will be enjoyed in the restaurants of the various accommodation establishments. Please advise us of any special dietary requirements in advance.
Luggage: Maximum baggage allowance on the plane will be 20 kg. Please bring a backpack or soft barrel bag, not a suitcase. Don’t bring too much clothing, as there are washing opportunities along the way. Please adhere to the allowance specified as space for luggage is limited.
Insurance: It is compulsory for all travellers to have insurance covering their personal requirements, medical expenses (including emergency medical evacuation cover) and personal possessions. This is to be arranged before leaving your home country. Jenman Safaris has comprehensive public liability insurance.
- Track suit
- Walking shoes
- Light trousers/jeans
- Swimming costume
- Sun hat
- Warm clothes
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Torch & spare batteries
- Water bottle
- UV protection
- Mosquito protection
Visas: A visa is required to enter the territory of Madagascar and can easily be obtained upon arrival at the airport of Antananarivo with a validity of up to 90 days. Tourists staying for less than one month, can purchase a visa for 80’000 Ariary (around 23-27 €). Paying with the exact amounts or small currency is advised. No photographs are required, however please ensure that passports are valid for at least 6 months after return date. In addition to the entry visa, the Malagasy government is proposing the introduction of a frontier levy of 10 € in the near future, still to be confirmed and variable at short notice.
Gratuities: If you feel you have been looked after well by your crew or guides, and you wish to show your appreciation for their services, a monetary tip is very welcomed by those in Madagascar. Here follows some suggested guidelines:
- Around EUR 4 per person, per day (10,000 Ariary) for a guide or a guide/driver.
- Around EUR 2 (5,000 Ariary) for a park guide, depending on your satisfaction.
- Around 5% of the bill at a restaurant
- 200 Ariary per bag for a porter.
- As Euro coins cannot be changed into local money in Madagascar, it is advisable to tip in Ariary.
We would ask that you please reserve your generosity for tipping for services only, and not providing free hand-outs to children or adults, as this encourages begging.
- Accommodation based on a bed & breakfast basis in twin sharing rooms (meals as per itinerary)
- Camping at Nosy Mangabe
- All required camping equipment
- All transfers and transport mentioned in the program
- Entrance fees in the park and reserve (Nosy Mangabe and Masoala)
- Specialist guides in the park as per program
- All excursions mentioned in the program
- English-speaking guide.
- English-speaking guide
- All excursions not mentioned in the program
- All drinks
- International and domestic flights to and from Maroantsetra
- Airport taxes
- Visas and travel insurance
- All lunches and dinners (except those mentioned on days 3-5)
- Personal items
- *Flights from Johannesburg – Antananarivo and local flights can be arranged by Jenman African Safaris.